Monday, February 23, 2015

Family--What Makes Us Stand Together, Makes Us Stand Apart

Last week our office joined fellow Keller Williams offices from all around the U.S. for one of our favorite times of year--Family Reunion. It was neat to watch our office building up with excitement in the days leading up to it. We had unexpected visitors from all over the country surprising old friends from years past and it was a sweet reminder of the core values we believe in at Keller Williams. Our culture has created a family that doesn't let distance get in the way.

A few months ago, our office held our first Open House Competition to encourage our agents to rise to their potential. For a month, we challenged our agents to hold the most open houses and generate the most leads. Our agents confronted limiting beliefs and overcame the fears and doubts that so often cripple us from success. The race was a close one and in the end, one of our newer agents came out on top. Marie Simon won the competition with 3 open houses and 45 contacts as a result.

What was her prize? A free ticket to Family Reunion!

At the moment Marie received the news she had won a free ticket to Family Reunion, her face lit up like Charlie’s must have when he won the Golden Ticket to the Chocolate Factory. I had the opportunity to talk with Marie and ask about her experience, both in winning the opportunity to go and in actually partaking in the event. I was delighted to see the child-like glow had yet to fade and at the very mention of Family Reunion she was flooded with gratitude and delight.

The following is the conversation we had together:

Victoria: So Marie, take me back to the moment you won the free ticket. What was going through your head?
Marie: I was so excited I won! The only thing going through my mind at the time was, "Yes! I won, I won! I'm going to family reunion! I won!"

Victoria: Describe your experience at Family Reunion. What do you remember most?
Marie: I loved my first Family Reunion. I remember first looking at all the people and classes and thinking, where do I even start? The thing that I remember most is Gary Keller's Vision speech where he laid out what we can expect in the Real Estate Market on a national level. It was very informative and inspiring! Also, the Wednesday brunch with Mo Anderson--I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. There were so many inspirational and motivational stories shared. Sorry, I cheated! There were so many great things that I couldn't pick just one!

Victoria: What was your biggest take away from the whole experience?
Marie: Think a million then make a million, to receive a million. The last step is the ability to give back to my community. Giving back is IMPORTANT!

Victoria: What advice would you give someone going to Family Reunion for the first time?
Marie: Be prepared to take lots of notes! You are going to get so many great ideas that will help take your business to the next level. Choose a few that you can incorporate once you get back. Also, have a 30 second elevator speech ready so you make some great connections with other agents out of town. You want to connect with great agents that you can trust your clients to when they are looking to move out of town. The agents you meet at Family Reunion can be great sources of referral business in the future!

Speaking with Marie was an honor. Her joy and gratitude are infectious and serve as a persevering reminder that what we have here at Keller Williams really is family.


We hope to see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment